You’ve heard of smart home, right? I mean, it’s 2019. It’s time to do it. I’m all in, and I hope you are too, because it’s about frickin time. I have a few ideas that I want to bring to life, and maybe you have some to share too. Let me know in the comments!
Smart Light Switch
Yeah I get it, they make these. I want to make one that is:
- WiFi or RF Serial with network connected main hub
- Touch screen or capacitive button with touch dimmer and LCD displaying dim percent
- 3D printed box to hold the components
- Designed for regular rectangular opening face plate to cover
The idea is that I’m sick of running around turning off lights, I want to say I’m leaving or it’s bed time – and shut the house off. I don’t want plain looking switches like those that exist though, it’s 2019 so let’s act like it is.
What parts do we need to cram in there?
- 120v buck converter
- Teensy 3.2 Dev Board
- ESP8266 Relay Board
- Capacitive Button
- Softpot membrane potentiometer
- 1.8 tft lcd
I’ll keep adding to this as I make progress as well, let me know if you have any ideas or creations of your own!